This page contains general information for use of CAC from a home or personal computer. CAC is required at many DoD web sites and will be required for the SOUTHCOM NIPRNET SharePoint site when it becomes available. For general information on CAC, you can go to the following web site. http://www.cac.mil.
Note: The government is not responsible for any hardware or software issues on your personal computer.
- CAC Reader Installation Instructions
- Ensure you have a CAC Reader and install it on your computer. Check with your organization to see if they can provide a CAC reader, otherwise you may perform an Internet search on 'CAC Readers' to research purchasing one. There are multiple variations available; ensure the one you purchase is compatible with the Government Issued CAC.
- Download and unzip one of the following (depending on whether you have a regular or 64bit version of the Windows operating system installed) into a folder onto your desktop (or other local folder). Run the batch file. This software should automatically configure your CAC readers.
- Assuming you already have an account at one of the following, try your CAC on an approved web site such as:
- If you are still having problems, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will coordinate with you to address any concerns.