The Army Health Clinic SOUTHCOM provides ambulatory primary healthcare services to enrolled active duty service members. The clinic is located on the SOUTHCOM Headquarters at 9301 NW 33rd St., Doral, Fla. 33172, in the Installation Services building, Suite A1040.
Urgent (Acute) Care: Non-emergent illness or injury which requires medical treatment. (Will not result in death or disability). Appointment within 24 hours.
Routine Care: Follow up or preventive care. Appointment within 10 - 14 calendar days.
Referral for Specialty Care: Injury or illness which require specialized treatment. Appointment within four weeks.
Office waiting times should not exceed 30 minutes. Exceptions are subject to provider/patient ratio and other factors pertaining to individual MTF.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 7 AM – 4:00 PM
Sick Call Sign In: 7 AM – 7:30 AM
Closed Weekends and Observed Federal Holidays
*Minimal staff and services during designated training holidays*
Individuals reporting for Sick Call must be in military duty uniform or military physical training uniform.
Service members who are on leave may report in civilian attire, however, they must present a valid leave form upon reporting to clinical staff personnel.
For appointments, medical questions or concerns please call (305) 437-1148/3559/1352, Monday – Friday, during the hours of operation.
* Medical In-processing is conducted daily. Ensure that you bring a valid military I.D. (CAC), a copy of your military orders, medical and dental records, and a copy of your latest shot record.
* Pharmacy Services are available daily. The Pharmacy will only dispense medications to Active Duty Service Members that were seen in the Army Health Clinic SOUTHCOM. Prescriptions that are written by network providers outside the clinic will need to have these prescription filled by network pharmacies. These pharmacies include CVS, Publix, and Wal-Mart locations.
* Physical Exams are conducted on appointment basis only. Contact (305) 437-1148/1352/3559 to schedule an appointment or for questions regarding physical exams.
In The Event of a Medical Emergency
- If occurring within the SOUTHCOM Headquarters: activate Garrison Emergency Response System by calling the Garrison Department of Emergency Services at (305) 437-2677/2347.
- In the event of a Medical Emergency outside the SOUTHCOM Headquarters and after duty hours, call 911 or visit the nearest Hospital Emergency Room. Upon discharge, report to the Army Health Clinic SOUTHCOM the following duty day during the hours of sick call. At this time bring all discharge paperwork to your military provider for further evaluation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to receive care at the Army Health Clinic SOUTHCOM?
Active duty service members, National Guard and Reserve Service Members on active orders for a period of 30 days or greater, and DOD civilians deploying in direct support of SOUTHCOM may seen at the Army Health Clinic SOUTHCOM.
What should I do in the event I have an emergency outside clinic hours?
Active duty service members should report to the nearest hospital emergency room (ER) to be treated for any injury or illness she/he considers an emergency. Active duty service members must report to sick call the next business day following their discharge from the hospital. Be sure to bring all documentation given to you by the hospital.
Where do Active Duty Service Members assigned to Army Health Clinic SOUTHCOM receive dental care?
Active duty service members assigned to the Army Health Clinic SOUTHCOM receive dental care through United Concordia providers. The dental representative located within the Army Health Clinic SOUTHCOM can assist you in finding a local dental provider.
The following are the instructions on obtaining a dental exam and updating your dental category.
1. Go to www.addp-ucci.com
2. Select the top left block titled "Active Duty Service Members".
3. On the left column select "Find a dentist". Next page select "Find a dentist" in the center again.
4. Under number 2, enter a zip code of the area you would like treatment in. Click "Find a dentist".
5. You will see a list of the eligible dentists in that area. Select one, call them and make an appointment.
6. Call United Concordia at 1-866-984-2337 and request a control number for the appointment you just made. If they tell you that you aren't eligible for coverage, explain to them that you are in the Metro Miami area and the nearest treatment facility is Patrick Air Force Base, 200 miles away. Have them look again and they should give you the control number.
7. Write down that control number and take it to your appointment. This is the payment. No money is exchanged.
8. Upon completion of your appointment, have the doctor COMPLETELY fill out the DD Form 2813
. Ensure that name, complete social security number and branch of service are on the form. The doctor fills out the rest. Ensure he signs and puts his license number in block 10. Also ensure his address and phone number are on the form.
9. That form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions, please contact:
Aaron C.R. Jackson
Dental Healthcare Representative
US SOUTHCOM Health Clinic
9301 NW 33rd St.
Miami, FL 33172
How can I receive a complete copy of my medical records?
To receive a copy of medical records, patients must complete a DD Form 2870 which can be received from and must be returned to the Patient Administration Department (PAD) representative at the Army Health Clinic SOUTHCOM. The PAD is authorized 30 days to complete a request and only one copy per service member is authorized per year.
Where can I find out information concerning TRICARE benefits and approved TRICARE Network civilian providers/facilities available to my covered family members?
A TRICARE Benefits Service Representative is available to assist you in understanding your benefits and the available TRICARE Network Area Services.
The TRICARE Health Benefits Service Representative is located within the Army Health Clinic SOUTHCOM, Monday – Friday 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM (closed noon to 1 PM for lunch).